Win, Lose or Draw

Working in my office on Easter Sunday, because I really can't keep my head above water if I don't, I decide to open some inmate mail.

We have a hearing coming up this week and I want to be able to tell her, yes, I read your letter. That's the only reason I am opening it. I don't want it to fall out of my file folder unopened. I know it doesn't contain anything that will matter in our hearing. I skim through a few pages of, well, stuff I really don't need to know. "I don't have the time," I tell my client in my head, "let me get back to focusing on preparing for your hearing we actually have a shot at."

I finally get to the end, there, after her signature. I stop in my tracks.

"Win lose or draw, your effort means a lot. You are appreciated."

Working in my office on Easter Sunday, because my effort means a lot, I decide to open some inmate mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment