This is Halloween, This is Halloween

I have a Halloween tradition. One night (usually during the week leading up to Halloween), I like to turn out all the lights, light up all my pumpkin decorations in the windows, and watch The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Now, it just came to my attention that some people have never seen The Nightmare Before Christmas. It came out when I was in high school. A few of my friends saw it and became fanatics. I decided they were crazy, and figured I'd never see the movie. I don't think I ever saw until law school

And it's really good. So, tonight, I've turned out the lights, lit all my decorations, and am eating Thai leftovers, to be followed by apple cider donuts and one last bit of chocolate dipped banana. You'll find me on my couch, singing along, in the dark.

Aah, I love traditions.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't see that movie until a couple of years ago! I couldn't believe I'd gone for that much of my life without seeing it. It's awesome!!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't seen that movie. Guess I better get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in high school when this came out as well. My best friend and I rode home the whole time making up words to "What's This" cause it was so catchy. Most of all, I really wanted shrunken heads for Christmas--that will liven up any party.

    ReplyDelete