Hummus Talk

Somewhat random, but I wanted to mention...

One thing you didn't know about me is that I love hummus. I'm a little bit of a hummus fanatic. I've been eating hummus nearly daily for about 8 years. I like to try different kinds of hummus, I like to make different kinds of hummus, I just really like hummus. I like to put hummus on all different things, not just pita. My favorite is garlicky hummus.

And I have a new favorite kind. It's Sabra's Roasted Garlic Hummus. It comes in a bigger tub than most hummus (which is good), it has a red ring around the lid (that's how you can find it), and it has real garlic right in the middle that you can scoop up. It's so much creamier than any other store-bought hummus I've tried.

I don't know how they make it so creamy, but it's delicious.

(This is not a paid advertisement. I'm just really enjoying that hummus. You should try it. Seriously. But, Sabra, contact me if you want to sponsor me. Because I've been trying to find your Caramelized Onion Hummus but I can't find it anywhere, maybe we can set something up...)

5 comments:

  1. if you ever want to try making your own, i have a good recipe, and it's lower fat b/c it doesn't have the tahini. it also ends up really creamy. Use a blender or a stick blender or a food processor to blend 1 can of chickpeas, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of the liquid from the can of chickpeas, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and 2 big cloves of garlic. If the hummus is too dry, add more of the chickpea liquid until it's smooth, then season with salt and pepper. SUPER easy and very yummy, and you can add your own flavors to it really easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like hummus, too! The weird thing is that I can't stand chickpeas. I know..it makes no sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a lover of the Hummus myself!

    Boy...that sounded creepy but its still true!

    Being a home chef, I decided to attempt making my very own garlic hummus and the result...sucked the big one!

    I will try this recipe.

    Hi Blondie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sabra does make really excellent hummous. It's the best stuff I can find outside of some of the delis in Dearborn, Michigan, which is pretty much the hummous center of the universe. (And a girl cannot drive 1.5 hours for hummous very often.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! If you have a Trader Joes near you (i have no idea where you live) You HAVE to try the white bean and basil hummis. Its by far the best I have ever had!

    ReplyDelete