Thankful for...

I took tomorrow, the day after Thanksgiving, aka "Black Friday," off. Meaning, I am not working. Not going to court. Not meeting with clients. Not writing a brief. Not going into the office. It's amazing. It's really my first day off since starting my new job. And I do need it.

It's a day filled with possibility. Of doing a million fun things. Or nothing at all.

The only restriction, really, is avoiding all shopping areas. Because I'm not in the mood for crowds.

I have a lot that I want to do. The list includes things like: Read, catch up on my Tivo, see some friends, and sleep all day. So, I know that it will be impossible to do all of it. But I'll try.

So, that's what I'm really thankful for today. A day off. And crazy commenters, like the one who left this last comment here, today, over three years after my original post. "THERE ARE STARVING CHILDREN OUT THERE AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN." Wacko... I love it.


  1. I don't blame you for wanting to avoid the crowds. I am the same way!

    Enjoy the day!

    Oh and the comment....priceless!

  2. I had a day of sloth. Sometimes you need those, especially when you're in private practice.