P.D. For Life

Listen up. Announcement time.

I have tendered my resignation, I will no longer be a public defender.

I really wasn't looking for a new job. Someone asked me to take a job that I think will be interesting, and it kind of seemed like the right time for a change.

I will still be practicing criminal defense. Plus I'll get to try a few other areas of law, and get my feet wet in a few different courts. I think that's all that I'm ready to say about the new job.

I haven't figured out whether I will keep blogging. I think that I can, logistically, but I'm not sure that I'll have as much time as I once did. I have a few more weeks, and I hope that I can figure it out in that time.

I guess I will be opening up the 2007 Public Defender Awards to a whole new round of contenders for Best Blog by a Female Public Defender and Best Personality - so consider that my gift to you, ladies. And other people with good personalities.

I am also accepting ideas for a new quote at the top of the page. I would try to think of one myself, but I'm rewatching Season 2 of Weeds before tomorrow's season premiere.

And don't you worry, I will always be a P.D. at heart.


  1. Hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do :)

    All the best with the new job! I'm sure you'll acquit yourself very well.

  2. Wow. I didn't see that coming.

    Oh, come on, give us some clues.

    More money? New city?

  3. Hey Congrats Blondie, Wish I knew you were available. I coulda used someone like you around here.

    Good Luck to you. I hope you'll keep on blogging (it does help business and it is a fun way to keep from getting too frustrated.)

  4. Good luck in your new endeavor!

  5. Congratulations and good luck! and please please *please* keep blogging - you're one of my favorites!

  6. All things change with time. Good luck with your new job. I too hope you keep blogging.

  7. tell me you're not going to work for lindsay lohan's attorney. i heard she is hiring

  8. Congrats and good luck. I hope you keep blogging. You are my link to my former life!

  9. I love Weeds!

    Unfortunately, I don't have Showtime, so I have to wait until Season 3 comes out on DVD...

  10. Good luck with the new job! I, too, hope you keep blogging. :)

  11. Ditto the above.

    Not sure you can beat Stewart, but new quote suggestions:

    A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer. Robert Frost (1874 - 1963), (attributed)

    TECHNICALITY, n. In an English court a man named Home was tried for slander in having accused his neighbor of murder. His exact words were: "Sir Thomas Holt hath taken a cleaver and stricken his cook upon the head, so that one side of the head fell upon one shoulder and the other side upon the other shoulder." The defendant was acquitted by instruction of the court, the learned judges holding that the words did not charge murder, for they did not affirm the death of the cook, that being only an inference.
    Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary

  12. Wow.
    Totally surprised.
    And wishing you tons of luck!

  13. I hope you'll keep on blogging, but if you don't have enough time for regular blogging, maybe you can co-blog. Several sluggish bloggers posting to the same site can keep up a steady flow of material.

  14. Congratulations and Good Luck. Please keep blogging, I love to read your stuff.