Tante Jemima

I've been feeling an itch. No, not the "I spent an afternoon at the jail and all I got were these itchy flea bites" itch.

It's more like a little noise.

My passport scratching to get out of the drawer it's stashed it.

I want to go somewhere.... international.

But, my credit cards just aren't up for it.

I wish one of my friends would take a job abroad so I'd have an excuse that I just "have to" go visit whoever so they don't die of loneliness. Me, the martyr.

I wish I could take a job abroad. And all my friends could come visit me.

I think that is one of the drawbacks of being a lawyer. Or, a criminal lawyer, at least. My skills don't translate very easily from state to state, never mind from country to country.

I guess maybe I'll have to settle for a batch of crepes this weekend. Or really thin Aunt Jemima pancakes at least.

6 comments:

  1. JUST GO! And then come back and tell me abbout it. About once a quarter--more frequently as of late--as the afternoon sun begins to fall, I crank up my computer speakers and let the Buena Vista Social Club's "Chan Chan" blare. And I mean blare. I dream of sitting in Havana and sipping Mojitos (which I don't even like). Please do dust off that passport, because I can't right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like canada is the place for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Australian AmericanJuly 29, 2007 11:25 PM

    Why don't you look into coming to Australia? I've been practicing here for the last year and I think your skills would translate well...though there will of course be some red tape to move through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you!

    Thought you might be interested!

    Please feel free to contibute!

    http://blondedefenseleague.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd recommend one of two courses of action:

    Just go as highwayman suggested.

    OR

    Count your blessings, then go help someone else. It's a great antidote for when you're focused on what you can't do or don't have.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear The Hague is a nice place for Americans to practice law.

    ReplyDelete