Entertainment Round-Up

Here's what I've been watching...

The Simpsons Movie - Better than I expected. I'm not a huge Simpsons fan. I liked it a few years back, but in the past few years I haven't watched it much at all. Anyway, the movie was funny. I laughed out loud more than I have at any movie in a long time. Go see it.

Nancy Grace on Celebrity Jeopardy - I don't think I've ever routed against a charity like this before. And her face. It's just always stuck in such a sourpuss. Do you think her face is stuck like that? You know the weird thing about Nancy Grace? I had seen how she was characterized on SNL and I kept thinking, "She can't really be like that." But then, I watched her show once, and I kept thinking, "Is this real? Or is this SNL? Is she for real?"

Scott Baio is 45... and Single - It's not exactly what I thought, it is actually kind of weird, but it is somewhat entertaining. I'm too young for Happy Days, or Joanie loves Chachi, but I kind of remember Charles in Charge. I used to watch it after camp. And I never really thought he was all that hot. But, you know, I guess some women did.

Rock of Love with Bret Michaels - I only saw 1 episode. The one where he had all of the contestants demonstrate their best phone sex voice while he was hooked up to some kind blood flow meter. What was even more entertaining than the girls who had good technique were the girls who used the most monotone voices to say, "So, um, I sat by the pool today, so, um, that was fun."

Weeds, Season 2 - Now on DVD. So you can prepare for what we've all been waiting for... Season 3 premiers August 13th! I can't wait. Also, David Duchovny has his own show Californication premiering immediately afterwards. I don't know what it's about, but I do know I had the biggest X-Files crush on that man. Yum. And you know who else is in it? Charlotte's husband.

What's everybody else watching?

9 comments:

  1. i loved the Simpsons movie. I've been watching the Closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mad Men on HBO. The protagonist is the first I've seen who really understands life: there is no tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Spider Pig, Spider Pig. Does whatever a spider pig does!"

    I loved the Simpsons movie. Especially Bart's skateboarding scene!!!

    Since I am too cheap to get HBO, I have been renting the Soprano's. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate Celebrity Jeopardy, but Nancy Grace on Celebrity Jeopardy was a laugh riot! I had to do a triple take when Johnny Gilbert called her the most respected legal analyst on TV. That says a lot about TV legal analysis.

    I was rooting for Carson but I was OK with Regis winning as long as Nancy was shut out. She is a blight on humanity but more importantly she is quite possibly the most annoying Jeopardy player ever. Answering questions (or is it questioning answers?) before she was called upon (glad that came back to bite her), acting cocky when she got on a little roll, but most of all, arguing that she'd said "Flamenco" when she clearly said "Flamingo" was appalling. That's probably the kind of stuff she tried to pull when she was a prosecutor too. And to top it off she claimed she was misunderstood on the question because she's from Georgia.

    What an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. derren brown mind control on Sci Fi. Check it out. find out how he does it and use it in trial

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Simpson's movie rocked. And I totally agree with you about Nancy Graceless. I've hated her since her Court T.V. days.

    I don't watch many of the 'reality' shows, but Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List is pretty good.

    Oh, and Two and a half Men is pretty funny.

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new series Damages. Glenn Close is soooo diabolical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will fight you for Duchovny. Tall, brilliant and sexy. Just hearing his voiceover in those Purina dog food commercials is enough to make me swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the first episode of "Californication" about a week ago and was not impressed...neither was my wife.

    We are watching the last season of "Rome" on DVD. Also waiting for "Jericho" on DVD so my wife can catch up to me with that.

    ReplyDelete