Jailhouse Quotes

While "tomorrow" is something you hear a lot as a defense lawyer, something that is always fresh are your clients' jail house quotes.

To me, they never get old. When I hear a client say something that starts with, "You know, it's like we say in the big house..." I tune my ears in good, because I know it's going to be something good.

You know, kind of like Paris Hilton's quote from her little jail experience:
"I went with the motto, 'Don't serve the time, let the time serve you.'"

You got that right, sistah. We can be cellies anytime.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't help but wonder whether Paris stole that line. Or how much she paid to have it written.

    Your blog, by the way, will be included in the next edition of A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere. It's going to post soon; much sooner than I'd planned.

    Should you have an opportunity to surf on by for a visit I'll be interested to see what you think.

    I'm doing a comment related experiment. I didn't comment on several of your posts because I don't want to skew the results. Besides, some people don't like comments so much. Should you wish to write comments, I'll follow suit.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dare I ask what crime you'd be convicted of, in order to room with Paris?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm somewhat ashamed that I have a strong fascination with Paris AND I find her just a wee bit attractive.

    Mostly, I liked her "Just out of jail" look: fresh, inspiring, and simple.

    As for the quote, I'm going to have to use it on my blog or at least have it printed on my letterhead to clients.

    ReplyDelete