Saw It on the Internet

I got a weird call a few days ago from a totally random client, one who has never before called me with crazy talk.

He called and said, "I think I just need to go to court as soon as possible and plead guilty."

"We have a few weeks before we have to go to court, and you have a good case, why would you want to plead guilty now?"

"With everything going on, I think it's the right thing to do. I don't want to put anyone through anything more."

"What everything going on? What's going on?"

"You know, the news."

"Your case was in the news?"

"No, about Virginia Tech."

"Oh... because you're Asian?"

"Not just Asian. I'm Korean. He's Korean. I don't want the judge to be mad at me. I don't want to be a bother to anyone. I just need to plead guilty."

I finally talked him out of pleading guilty because he's Korean. But I was glad I had read THB's April 19th post so that I finally figured out where this was going.

Who says blog reading can't help you with your practice?

(And congrats to THB on her engagement!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, where did you go? I always look forward to your commentary, but you haven't chimed in yet this month....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG..I'm so glad my blog post was of help to you!! That poor, poor man.. Yes, no doubt he was just trying to pay for the sins of all of us. What a lovely defense lawyer you are!

    ReplyDelete