I Got Sunshine, In a Bag.

Sooo... things have been a little weird here lately. About a week ago, I was feeling really unhappy. Like really unhappy. A lot of it seemed to be work unhappiness, but I couldn't decide whether I was just kind of generally unhappy and I was directing most of it toward work (since that takes up the majority of my life), or whether I was really unhappy with work. I had one case in particular that was causing so much anxiety I couldn't even sleep.

Then, this past week, the sun came out, spring started to spring, I won the case that was causing all of my anxiety. And then I won another case. And then I took the long way home around this beautiful lake. And I got some good news about someone I was worried about. And two of my friends had babies. And things seemed better.

Baseball season is here. Fantasy baseball is up and running. I'm planning my summer vacation. So, I'm doing good. I'm smiling.

I'm so happy, in fact, that I'm not even stressing about my overdrawn bank account. And I gave my last $2 away to a homeless man on the train yesterday. His shoes didn't fit, so he had to wear them with his heels sticking out the back. So, despite my overdrawn account, I knew he needed it more than I did. And I really respected the fact that he was collecting cans and not begging for money - it's hard work (and he was an old man), and it's good for the environment too.

Now I'm going to have a bring-my-own-PB&J-and-no-lattes week. Could be worse.

I'm useless, but not for long;
The future is coming on.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're feeling better. Your Loyal Audience is out here cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indigent defense blawgs...all these sad stories, and no tip jar...

    I brought all this
    So you can survive when law is lawless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome reply lyrics, Windy.

    I was wondering if you were going to figure me out with the lake clue. ;)

    No squealing, remember
    (that it's all in your head)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll think about the lake, but you're just sneaky enough to post something like that to throw me off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly know how to put things in perspective. Another thing I can learn from you...

    ReplyDelete