Bashful Lo Mein

In honor of THB's bravely revealing post, I'll share a vaguely embarrassing moment of my own.

I was interviewing a client today who is a delivery boy for a Chinese restaurant. It was key to the case that I understood where everything took place... where the restaurant was that he left from, where he had stopped to make deliveries, where he was headed with his next delivery, where he was stopped by the police, and where he was arrested.

At first, my delivery boy client was telling me the address of each thing. "I left from 1624 Main Street. My first delivery was at 6802 First St..."

I was trying my best to visualize where everything happened, but I just wasn't getting it. I told him, "I think I know the area, but I need you to give me some landmarks."

So, he was describing, "There's a pizza place, then there's a nail salon..."

All of the sudden, I got it. "Oh, is there a doctor's office right there?"

"Yeah," he told me, "Do you know it?"

"Sure," I told him, "I know that whole area. That's where I go to the doctor's."

"Oh yeah," he said, "That gynecologist's office. I deliver lunch there like once a week. Good tippers. So, that's where you go to the gynecologist?"

Um, what the heck was I supposed to say to that?

"Um, yeah." I'm positive that my face must have been bright red.

"That's good, they're nice. You should totally come for Chinese the next time you go to the gynecologist. I'll hook you up."

Um, yeah, totally. Because I really need to associate my yearly exam with my client and Chinese food.

I'm laughing just thinking about showing up at the Chinese restaurant saying, "Hey, is my client here? Can you tell him his lawyer is here? Oh, hey there, I just stopped by for some Kung Pao Chicken after my pap smear."

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious read, thanks for brightening my day up even more

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! That's just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to remember the age I was when I understood what gynecologist meant. Maybe he thinks it means something like Dentist and thats where you get your cavities filled.

    Or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that last line, I almost shot diet coke out of my nose I laughed so hard.

    ReplyDelete