The envelope please...

And The Winners Are...

Thank you to everyone who voted for me in the 2006 Public Defender Blogger Awards "The Rodneys."

I truly feel honored to be voted "Best Blog By A Female Public Defender," "Best Personality," "Ms. Congeniality," and receive an Editor's Choice Award.

I know you can't see it from there, but right now, I'm doing that thing where I try not to cry by fanning at my eyes, and using the same hand to cover my mouth as I do the "I can't believe it!" face, just like I've been studying on the Miss America pageant for years.

This is even more special to me than when I was recently named Time's Person of the Year.

I promise to wear my sashes, tiaras and "World Peace" smile with pride, and not entangle myself in any naked-photo scandals.

Next year, I just hope the winners will be announced a little later in the day so that we can all get together pre-show and evaluate the red carpet outfits.

12 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Apparently, like the year 2006, the year 2007 will be a year in which people I vote for actually win things! Hurray, and congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Better than being named Time Person of the Year" - you are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess those guys I hired to pull a Tonya Harding on you didn't come through. Dammit! (Note to self: Get more reliable henchmen.) Seriously, congratulations--you are truly deserving!

    One correction, though--I was named Time's 2006 Person of the Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Better than being named Time Person of the Year" - you are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been trying to get involved in a nude photo scandal but no one is interested... Congrats Blondie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been trying to get involved in a nude photo scandal but no one is interested... Congrats Blondie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I've enjoyed your writing for years.

    FYI, if you have any second thoughts, photography is a hobby of mine...I'm just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete