The Perfect Gift

Last night I ran into someone who sits near Erin and should know her.

I pulled her aside and said, "Sooo... what do you know about Erin?"

At first she was a little weirded out, she said something like, "Why do you want to know about Erin?" and then, I guess she figured it out and she said, "Oh!"

She thought about it for a minute and said, "Well, I don't really know her that well, she really stays to herself." (This made me feel better for not knowing who she was at all.)

Then she said, "I really only know two things about her. She's Irish and she must love Starbucks."

"Starbucks?" I asked.

"Yeah, I see her leaving here and coming back with a Starbucks cup all the time. She must make a few Starbucks runs a day."

Wow, how perfect is that?

5 comments:

  1. Well THAT couldn't be any easier to accommodate in a secret santa. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, this may be the wrong place to post the following. Hope not. Couldn't find any other way to reach you.

    Saw that Heifer International is one of your "Love Its". I joined Heifer as new media director last year and really appreciate it when someone blogs about us.

    We have a new BlogRaising program that lets bloggers like you help us get the word out about Heifer and raise the money we need to do our work. To learn more, just go to www.heifer.org/onlinecommunityfundraising

    I hope you are able to take part.

    Again thanks for thinking so well of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $30 will pay for the full 28-day inpatient detox and rehab for espresso addiction? You guys must have a great health plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I support my local neighborhood coffee shop (only big enough for about four customers at a time, squeezed between Disco Azteca and the architects) instead of Starbucks. It supports a family--my son's best friend--and they will do gift certificates too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point. I generally try to support local businesses whenever I can. Our office has the choice of Starbucks, though, and a coffee truck which sucks and isn't always there.

    But I support my local bookstore rather than buying from the chains, and things like that. Just not for coffee at work.

    ReplyDelete