Weekend in Review

I had a fantastic weekend, and I'm back, rejuvenated and ready to face the week. Or, at least, the half-week that remains.

I'll give you a quick rundown of my weekend away...

I ate tons of food, all junk.

I saw two baseball games.

I saw 3 nights of fireworks.

I heard that song "Proud to Be an American," which, by the way, I hate.

I saw lots of really cool wildlife (and not in a zoo!)

I shopped, but didn't buy much.

I finished Indefensible (review coming soon!)

I received The Interpretation of Murder, but didn't start it yet. (For anonymity's sake, I had it shipped to a friend who I knew I would see over the weekend. But then, my friend started reading the book, and I couldn't get my hands on it all weekend. Which was ok, because I was finishing Indefensible.)

I saw The Devil Wears Prada. (Cute, but very different from the book. Maybe plot-wise it was better, but it was missing some of my favorite details from the book - like the doorman who always makes Andy sing.)

I thought a lot about an upcoming trial, even though I tried not to. I even had that dream I have sometimes, where I show up for school and find out the final exam is today and I haven't even opened the book.

So, with that, I'm going to go prep my case a little bit more...


  1. I read The Devil Wears Prada for the sole reason that there was a character who had the same full name as me (I've never met anyone with my name in real life, and I have good reason to think the author saw my name and used it in the book). But I heard the character's name is different in the movie, so now I have no reason to see the movie.

  2. I'm definitely with you on "Proud To Be An American". That's one of those songs that if you express you don't like it openly, you'll get a lot of scorn, or at least angry, suspicous looks from people that just automatically assume you are unpatriotic. It never occurs to them you just think the song is a trite exercise in assurring that Lee Greenwood would have at least one major hit in his mediocre career.

  3. That's one of the things about being a trail lawyer--you can never escape your work, no matter how hard you try! At least you were able to relax...

  4. That's what I am afraid of in seeing The Devil Wears Prada. Missing stuff.

    That is the one thing that I don't miss about being a trial lawyer. I could never relax, even when I was on vacation. Good for you!

  5. You were mentioned on the Amazon site for the book you just read. I am so impressed! Perhaps someday I too will become as famous(LOL)!!