Real World Update

Are you like me? Are you fascinated by this season's Real World? Especially that train-wreck of a Tonya Harding look-alike, Paula?

Do you wonder if she's just too unhealthy to make any relationship work, especially one that's already broken?

Do you wonder what will become of her - and her abusive relationship?

Well, here's a hint: - 'Real World' Cast Member Arrested - July 11, 2006: Paula Ann Meronek, 25, allegedly bit her boyfriend several times when he refused to let her into their home early Sunday morning, police said.


  1. The best part of that article is the fact that it's got to be a new boyfriend, not the one she was with during the show, Keith.

    And seriously, what is with that baby voice she always uses? It creeps me out!

  2. In that picture she looks like a cross between Tonya Harding and Tammy Faye.

  3. What's the name of the boyfriend on the show? I just figured it was the same guy.

    And, yes, the baby voice thing is creepy. So is the not eating thing. And the getting back together with the boyfriend who allegedly put her in the hospital thing.

    She is kind of creepy.

  4. Keith is the boyfriend while she was on the show.

  5. I stumbled across your blog this morning and based on the your list of read blogs and watched tv shows, I think you might enjoy the blog, "this fish needs a bicycle." Great writer, fun read

  6. Blondie, Ms. Bodacious Lass:

    Your B-roll has a link to Barely Legal: The Blog. But you knew that, right?

    Anyway there's a post by Mike that begs for some follow-up and I don't know how to ask the question. I'm trying to deceiver exactly what he meant by: "That’s where Russ and I met. It was a blast; all of my best friends are from my fraternity and I wouldn’t trade that experience for the world. I think people who don’t go Greek are missing out on a great opportunity."

    You can read the whole post here:

    Can you see why I'm confused?

  7. What I meant by that is, most of my current best friends are from my fraternity, Russ included. Joining a fraternity was a great experience, and at some schools, like mine, the only way to have a social life, and people who refuse to give the Greek system a chance are missing out.

    Get your mind off of the mountain, Brokeback.

  8. Let's see...

    Tah, I think I have a link to This Fish Needs a Bicycle. I agree, a good read. I find it difficult to read blogs that refer to people as if the readers know them (e.g. "Then Joe called so we went to Megan's house..."). Am I really supposed to spend the night cross referencing your blog archives to figure out the significance? Would I be missing something if you just said, "Then one of my guy friends called and we went to hang out with my girlfriend who just got dumped..." No, that would be more information. Maybe if the purpose of your blog is just to keep in touch with your own real-life friends, but I don't think her blog (which is on ivillage) is that type. Anyway, I like This Fish, but that's one of my problems with it.

    And Anonymous - I don't get it. Am I missing something? I agree with the Barely Legal boys. (I like calling them that.) I gave away all my letters (clothing) when I graduated. Sometimes I wonder if I should've kept something, but I have a lot of other memories. I agree that it's like wearing your high school letter jacket at college - it's just kind of tacky.

    It doesn't mean I'm not still friends with my sisters, it doesn't mean I'm not still proud of my college social life, it's just not something I wear. I have some t-shirts that are from particular events - that mention either my particular sorority or greeks in general or whatnot, and I wear them to workout in, or to clean the house, but I wouldn't have worn them to school and I wouldn't wear them to work now (or anywhere similarly public.)

    Did I answer your question? Is that what you meant? Or did I miss something else entirely? I don't think I see why you're confused.

  9. It is the same boyfriend from the show... Apparently Keith is his middle name.

    She's such a moron. And the fact that I went to the same school as her is embarrassing! Thank God I didn't know her.

  10. Lindsay, thanks for clarifying the Keith thing. Glad to see their relationship is working out.

  11. I don't see what the big deal is...I love it when my wife bites me. ;)