Good Luck on the Bar

A few years ago, when I was still in law school, one of my law school roommates graduated and went on to take the bar exam in another part of the country. I decided I wanted to send her a good luck card.

I went to the biggest greeting card shop I knew of, and I looked around for at least one "Good Luck on the Bar Exam" card. I found nothing. Actually, I found "Good Luck at Summer Camp," "Good luck on your first day of school," "Good luck at the dentist," "Good luck passing that kidney stone..." Good luck on just about everything EXCEPT the bar exam.

I asked the woman at the counter, but she just stared at me like I was a moron. Seriously. As if law isn't a huge industry. As if there isn't a market there. Go ask BarBri.

I ended up buying my friend a cute card that had some seriously hot high heeled leather boots on the front. On the inside I wrote something like, "You've got the right shoes - Kick some ass." And I thought to myself, not only is there a market here, but I could totally corner it.

Well, as with many things, I never got around to my bar exam greeting card business. Maybe someday.

But in the meantime, if you're looking for a pre-bar good luck greeting, check this out from Anonymous Lawyer.

You can't go wrong with the sentiment:
Anonymous Lawyer wishing you luck on the bar exam. Because it's not just a test of legal knowledge. It's a test of your value as a human being.
Send one to your favorite lawyer-to-be today!

4 comments:

  1. I've been sending it to friends and it's not going over too well. Too close to the exam I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha, I read Wayne's post and I still sent a card to one of my friends. If you can't laugh at that, then you need to relax some because you're too stressed to do well on the test. My friend can get me back next year when it's my turn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a "good luck passing your kidney stone" card?! Wow...I have to admit, it's been years since I bought a card for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I wonder if there are any cards that say, "So sorry to hear that you failed the Bar Exam!"

    ReplyDelete