Watch Out Boy, She'll Chew You Up

I found myself listening to a very good 80s show on the radio tonight. And they weren't just playing the 80s song you remember, but the ones you hadn't thought about in 15-20 years.

Like "Puttin on the Ritz" by Taco. (Definitely didn't know the name was "Taco" before tonight.) That's one I had totally forgotten about.

And the original "It's My Life" by ABC. (I sat through the whole song thinking "I know this from somewhere. Is this a cover of something? Oh! Gwen Stefani!")

And "Human" by Human League. I had forgotten all about the part where they have some dialogue in the middle of the song. "I forgive you, and I ask the same of you..." What is that crap?

Oh, and "Sara" by Starship. I was definitely jealous of my friend Sara when this song was big.

And lots of Hall & Oates. Including "Maneater." What a song.

9 comments:

  1. We wound up listening to an 80s show last night on the way home from dinner. Heard "Don't Dream It's Over" by Crowded House. Great song.

    I loved "Puttin' on the Ritz" when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VH1 did a repeat of the Behind the Music-1984. It included a segment about Band Aid's "Do They Know It's Christmas". That’s takes me back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was singing to Jesse's Girl last night driving home, that and I wear my sun glasses at night always get me singing.

    Ah where has all the good music gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 80's station on XM Radio always plays great stuff like that. They occasionally play songs that I don't recognize at first but then find that I know all the words -- scary, but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proof that parallel universes exist: We heard rumors of tunes like that in the crowd I ran with, but that's all we thought they were, rumors. People really listened to that, huh?

    We did the big hair power ballad band thing. The after-show parties were definately much better. From what little can be remembered.
    AF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your blog. Just had to say that "It's My Life" is by Talk Talk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that type of 80s music. At work I often stream club977.com. Has that sort of 80s awesomeness...including Talk Talk's "It's My Life".

    T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hall & Oates = Good Times

    Glad to see they have not been forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, I got one wrong. I could've sworn they said "ABC" after "It's My Life." Now, I wonder where I got ABC from...

    ReplyDelete