Ribs Emergency

You know what I hate? When a favorite restaurant closes. And it's not like it hasn't happened to me before.

But you know what's worse? When you're invited to a Super Bowl Party, asked to bring something, and tell them you'll bring these amazing ribs from this this great little practically-unknown place you've been raving about.

Then, you get up in the morning and call the little rib joint to order those amazing mole ribs... and guess what... they're not making ribs anymore. In fact, I don't think they're making food anymore. (It was pretty much a ribs-and-beer place, I think maybe now their cook quit and it's just a beer place.)

And then you have to spend the rest of the day calling around to find a place that even makes some kind of ribs, and can have them ready for you in a few hours on Super Bowl Sunday of all days.

Finally, you're going to get stuck bringing ribs from Chili's and you know everyone at the party will be thinking, "This is the great little secret rib place she knew? Chili's?"

4 comments:

  1. Ummm, you are starting to reveal yourself and where you are at in the metropolis. Another crimdef blogger who suspects he practices nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the presence of Chili's has allowed me to rule out Montana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a gosh darn minute...there is a Chili's by my house AND they serve ribs. Were you at my Super Bowl Party?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nahh, I was refering to the comment about the Jamacian joint that was linked to the post, as well as several of her other posts. The timing of the closing in the post that was linked, plus a few other comments is leading me to think that she might be at the local courthouse.

    ReplyDelete