Happy New Year!

Alright, I'm back from a little New Year's hiatus. Because we went to see my parents for Christmas, we had to go see the boyfriend's parents for New Years. And, actually, I tried to blog a little, but, and I know this is hard to believe, there are people out there who are still using AOL on dial-up to connect to the internet. I just didn't have the patience to write much more than I did.

But I had a good time. I did get to go to a football game. Which kept reminding me of this joke that I read on Leslie's Omnibus:
A guy took his blonde girlfriend to her first football game. They had great seats right behind their team's bench. After the game, he asked her how she liked the experience.

"Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants and all the big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were killing each other over 25 cents."

Dumbfounded, her date asked, "What do you mean?"

"Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest of the game, all they kept screaming was: 'Get the quarterback! Get the quarterback!' I'm like... Helloooooo? It's only 25 cents!!!!

Blonde jokes crack me up!

We had a good time. And the trip was a good reminder that not everyone understands what I do for a living. Including the boyfriend's father ("TBF").

TBF: Do you know Joe Schmo*?
Me: No, I don't think so. Why?
TBF: Oh, I know his father. He was telling me that young Joe works in the prosecutor's office in your city. And so I told him, "Oh yeah? My son's girlfriend is with the prosecutor's office too."
Me: But, um... you understand that I'm not "with" the prosecutor's office, right?
TBF: No, no, I know that. But, it's all the same thing.

(*Name changed to protect the prosecutor, whether he's innocent or not. And, judging by this conversation, he might not even be a prosecutor.)

So, yes, I'm back. And I think I'm ready to be back. I woke up this morning thinking about an investigation that I can do to prepare for an upcoming trial.

It will be tough, but I think I'm ready to head back to work. Just as soon as I can get my lazy butt out of bed.


  1. Oh that is a good one! I love blonde jokes that go beyond the "How many blondes does it take to (insert action here)?

  2. there are people out there who are still using AOL on dial-up to connect to the internet

    Yup. My mom.

  3. Welcome back! I'm a relatively new reader and find myself regularly coming here for new posts. While I don't want to do criminal law, I'm always interested in hearing about it...Love your blog.