You're Not A Real Judge?

Hey, did you hear...

Harriet Miers was asked whether she had ever studied Constitutional theory.

"No," she responded, "But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

(I would love to give credit where credit is due for that joke, but my boyfriend can't remember where he heard it.)

And, on only a slightly more serious note, am I the only one who gets really annoyed when I hear reporters refer to her as "Judge Miers?" She's never been the judge of anything, where the heck would you get that title from? Being nominated to the U.S. Supreme Court gives you the temporary title of Judge?

If you still have 'em, send her your Con Law notes.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. That's funny. Can we come up with a judge who doesn't think Dubya is so fantastic. He only has 3 more years in office. Then what?
    Teehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not just you. I thought she was a judge at first, got vaguely irritated at a news source for referring to her as "Ms. Miers," then discovered that she isn't a judge. Being wrong once has the effect of making me much more sensitive to others making the same mistake.

    ReplyDelete