Cops Get The "Handy-Handy"

I saw a link to this at NDC.

It seems that the vice cops in Snohomish County, Washington wanted to make sure that the suspected prostitutes at a massage parlor were not only offering their services, but following up on that offer three times.

The prosecutor knows this and even includes it in an affidavit of probable cause. Great, taxpayer money is going to pay for officers' handjobs. While they're on the clock. I'd be real proud if I was that officer's wife.

I've had one case where the prostitute told me that she actually did the deed before the cop busted her. I know it's good stuff, but there's not a whole lot you can do with it. If I call the prosecutor and say, "Do you know the officer actually got a blowjob from my client?" That would be an admission, wouldn't it?

But, I'm pretty sure it's something that Internal Affairs would be interested in.

For a minute there, I thought NDC was seriously dropping out of law school. And with the um... graphicness of that Affidavit of Probable Cause, I guess I could see why.

UPDATE: Skelly also has some thoughts on whether vice cops should actually engage in sex acts with those that they are investigating. (In a word, no.) I agree with Windypundit that the arrest then seems "ungentlemanly." On that note, how about going with a "He told me he loved me!" defense? Yeah, that would be good.


  1. No need to worry. I am fortunately, or unfortunately depending on the day, still in law school.

    Eventually I'll graduate and hopefully become a public defender so that I don't hate myself when I go to work every morning.

    Unless more police departments start paying for handjobs. Then all bets are off.

  2. Here is what the Seattle newspaper had to say about it. . .