Career Planning

Me: Hey, did you see about that movie In Her Shoes? I think she quits her job as a lawyer to become a dog walker.

The Boyfriend: No.

Me: No what? No, you didn't see the thing about the movie or...

The Boyfriend: No.

Me: Or, no, she doesn't quit her job...

The Boyfriend: No. Just no. No.

I guess sometimes no means no. And other times "no" means "No, we are not going to see that chick flick, and no, you are not quitting your job, and no, you are not going to be a dog walker." And probably also, "No, don't blog about this."

4 comments:

  1. "No" means you are not quitting your job to become a dog-walker.

    As to seeing the movie, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds totally romantic, though, doesn't it? SPending your time outside, with fun animals, picking up poop in plastic bags....OK, maybe not so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha. It amuses me when the BF shows up in the comments. I was just perusing the movie listings, trying to figure out what I should see this afternoon. "In Her Shoes" seems like a movie I should see with my girlfriends. So I think it will either be "Roll Bounce" or "Wallace & Gromit."

    P.S. I bet being a dog walker would bring in more income than public defender work. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blonde, you are hilarious. Don't quit your job as a dog-walker, I mean lawyer. Teehee

    ReplyDelete