Juror Number 8 Did It!

This article is a must read.

A witness picked two men from the jury box as the assailants, instead of the defendants.

Hasn't he ever seen Law & Order? He has no clue how a trial works? I'm guessing that he thought the jury box was some kind of line-up.

On the flip side, though, I've always thought that prosecutors here overprep their witnesses. I guess in some places, they don't bother to prep them at all.

How hard would it be to have someone - even an intern or a paralegal - take them into a courtroom and say "That's where the judge sits, that's where you sit, that's where the jury sits?"

"And that's where the guys that 'did it' sit."

8 comments:

  1. thats hilarious... I've seen someone pick out the bailiff before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. talk about your rock solid ID - NYDA is usually a solid office - I'd never expect that to happen - then again - it is NYC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff! I've seen a public defenders legal assistant get picked out as the perp. Good to see you posting after the Old Lady Incident at church...I thought maybe it pushed you over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, actually blogger was acting weird. It's good to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful. I can't wait to hear the closing arguments on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must look guilty. I have been selected twice by the witness. Both times the defendant was convicted anyway, PHEW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So let me get this straight. AFTER the witness picked out one of the jurors as the assailant, the prosecutor asked him to identify ANOTHER guy? Not prepping might have been a mistake. Asking him twice was just dumb.

    ReplyDelete