Fall Fantasy Season

As you know, fantasy baseball season is in full effect. I've been meaning to post the league standing here, but honestly, I was waiting until I was doing a little better in the standings. As of right now, I think I'm in sixth place, but I'm hoping to move up soon. (On that note, anyone have a good trade they want to offer me?)

Not too long ago, someone from the Blawgers Fantasy Baseball League emailed me to ask, "So, are you going to do a Fantasy Football League too?"

The short answer is, "no." The long answer is because I don't know a thing about football, and I have absolutely no interest in finding out. And, I feel like the announcers shout too much. Even if you turn the volume low, they're always using a shouting tone of voice, and that bothers me. If my boyfriend dares to watch football with me in the room, I'm always shouting back at the television, "STOP SHOUTING AT ME! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU." And then I shout at my boyfriend (I have to shout, because otherwise he can't hear me over the shouting football announcers), "CAN YOU TURN THAT DOWN?!?! THEY'RE SHOUTING TOO MUCH!!!" See, in baseball, the announcers use nice soothing voices. Gosh, how I dread football season.

Anyway, if not football, what should we do as fantsay baseball season wraps up? I'd like to suggest the Fantasy Fashion League.

I'm not a label hound at all, but I think it might be fun. More fun than football, that's for sure. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any free providers (yet). (For this site, before August 15th and the registration fee is $18, and after August 15, the registration fee is $24.)

Anyone else interested in giving it a try?


  1. I don't know...if it was free, then *maybe.* But I don't think I'm willing to come $18 out of pocket for it. Maybe next season, after they work out all the start-up kinks and get better prizes.

  2. Hmmmm....oddly enough, I am also looking forward to moving up from 6th place. Somebody trade me somebody! I'd be willing to take baseball cards at this point.