Scholarships For Virgins

Did anyone else catch this news story?

Uganda Lawmaker Offers Scholarships To Virgin Girls

Interesting. The article says the scholarship offer will help to prevent the spread of AIDS and promote education.

But, I wonder... why only girls? Are they solely responsible for the spread of AIDS?

And, I worry about this part:
Girls who want to take advantage of the virginity scholarships will have to agree to medical exams to confirm their chaste status.

That's pretty invasive, just to qualify for a scholarship, isn't it? Whatever happened to essay contests?

Also, I seem to remember something from sex ed or something that it's impossible to know definitively if a girl is a virgin just by a medical exam. And, what about rape and incest victims, they're not entitled to this offer? And born again virgins?

So, obviously, there are a few a kinks to work out... but it's an interesting offer to be sure.

15 comments:

  1. I think the scholarships should go to the girls who put out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. I am pro scholarship for the virgins. Born again virgins should need not apply. As for rape victims or victims of incest, the scholarship should be open to them as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the born again virgins should be entitled to the scholarship as well.....i mean that's what they are right? born-again VIRGINS!! no matter what the circumstances...virgins are virgins no matter how they came about doing it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  4. scholarships should go to milfs<333

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with this scholarship. Do you know how hard it is to be a virgin? Poeple making fun of you and telling how good it is. Its ridiculous, virgins should definately be given the chance to have a scholarship for keeping their body pure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your body pure? it is natural to have sex. virgins should get no extra treatment what about the people that have found the one that they want to be with the rest of their life? its the only person they had sex with. they shouldn't get penalized for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! I WILL BE APPLYING FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well i think the reason why this scholarship is only for woman because you cant actually prove if a man is a virgin or not... but i do agree that for rape victims and incest victims should most definitely be available for this scholarship.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a victim of rape. I did not want to have sex. I was only 15 and the man was 37! And I can't apply for this scholarship?! Well luckily there are less ignorant scholarships out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that having a scholarship for girls who are virgins are good. We have to go through all the mean comments from people in high school and its not easy at times. So this is a GREAT idea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi. I am a 34 yr. old woman, wife and mom. I also am an incest survivor. I never made it to college, inspite of having a very high IQ. I find it great that women that by choice keep their virginity get help with college. I also know that I would love to go back to school with some help and there is none out there I can find.
    I would like for someone to lend us a hand. Maybe I have to start the movement...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think its justified as long as an equal scholarship is available to non-virgins too !

    ReplyDelete