Overheard in Court

I happened to be walking through the lobby of the courthouse this afternoon when I overheard a very irate young man. Not a big surprise, because many of the people entering or exiting the courthouse are irate.

Sometimes, they're really shouting and swearing, maybe punching a wall or something, and it always leaves me wondering, "Gee, you think maybe you have an anger management problem? You think maybe that's why you're here in the first place?"

Anyway, today I couldn't help but overhear (because it was so LOUD!) this little snippet of a conversation between a young man and a woman who was presumably his girlfriend.

"THIS CASE IS ALL F-ED UP! YOU HEAR ME? ALL F-ED UP! YOU HEAR WHAT I'M SAYIN'? THEY F-ED THIS CASE UP! I WANT A MISTRIAL! THAT'S WHAT THIS CASE NEEDS - A MISTRIAL! THIS IS F-ED UP AND I NEED A MISTRIAL! YOU HEAR ME? YOU HEAR WHAT I'M SAYIN'? THAT'S WHAT THEY NEED TO DO - A MISTRIAL?"

"I hear you, but I don't know what you sayin'," she replied, "I think mistrials is for people with trials, not people who be pleading guilty."

3 comments:

  1. She's too smart for him, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't hate. I'm going to law school and I didn't realize you couldn't get a mistrial without a trial.

    (kidding.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure she's right. Mistrials IS for people with trials.

    ReplyDelete