Friday Spies

As usual, brought to you on a Saturday, by the boys of BTQ.

1. What five things should you never buy used? Underwear, a diaphragm, condoms, bubble gum, and... hmmm... one more... toilet paper. Yuck!

2. Sony BMG just ended a payola investigation by settling with New York Attorney General Elliot Spitzer. So let's engage in some reverse payola: What song or artist would you pay to never have to hear again, and how much would it be worth to you? I'd pay to never have to hear any song by Avril Levine again. And, as broke as I am, I think I'd part with $50 pretty easily.

3. In honor of the new Bad News Bears: Did you ever play little league, or other organized youth sports? Not little league, but I played "Munchkin' League Soccer." All that I can really remember of it, is that I think that maybe one time I kicked the ball into the wrong goal. I never really did get the hang of switching sides of the field halfway through the game.

4. What was your biggest fashion faux pas? Well, as a child of the '80s, I'm sure there were many. But the one that comes to mind is that I really wanted those so cool sweatshirts that hang off your shoulder, ala Footloose. I was too young to buy my own clothes, and not gusty enough to cut up my own sweatshirts, so I remember walking around one day with a regular sweatshirt pulled down on one shoulder. It wasn't just me, all of my friends did that. Not that that mitigates my behavior or anything.

5. In honor of all our readers who took the Bar Exam this week: What was the hardest test you ever took? The bar, of course. And I will never ever have to take another test as hard as that again. Isn't that a great thing to be able to say?


  1. I cut up my sweatshirt and did the "Fame" look! Now that I'm thinking back to the eighties, I also wore my sweatshirts inside out. (Why? My parents could never figure it out either.)

  2. Oh yeah, Fame! Maybe that's what I was thinking of. Well, either way. I did the inside-out thing too. What was up with that? And leg warmers!

  3. Used tampons aren't a good buy either.