(courtesy of BTQ)
1. Which relationship will last longer, Brad Pitt and AngelinaJolie ("Brangelina"), or Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes ("TomKat")? God, I am so freaked out by the TomKat. I was actually going to write a whole post about it. But, here goes... I figure that Katie Holmes and I are about the same age. (Almost exactly.) And I remember, as a kid, that my next door neighbor's older sister had a poster of Tom Cruise hanging in her room. Him and Kirk Cameron.
Now, it's not so much that I'm bothered about the age difference. Honestly, I think that if a 26-year-old met an almost-43-year-old on the street, or at the bar, on through a friend, and they seemed happy together, that'd be fine with me. Matter of fact, I have a cousin who is 40, and his girlfriend is a little younger than me (I think she's 23), and I was the first one to say "Hey, if they're both happy, who are we to judge?" And he's happier than I've ever seen him. That's not the point.
The point is that it's different because she knew him - or knew of him for so long. It'd be more like if you started dating... I don't know... your next door neighbor who was 17 years older than you. Or a friend of the family or something. It just seems weird.
I mean, I don't know... I had a big thing for Joey McIntyre at the age of 10. I dreamed I'd marry him. But if he came knocking on my door I wouldn't be interested. Maybe that's different because he's more of a has-been. But, still, I mean, she saw him go through a whole marriage to Nicole Kidman and everything.
Ok, that's all I have to say about that, is that it's weird. And, on that note, I think it will last longer than Bradgelina. (The relationships I always think will last, don't. And vice versa.)
2. Less importantly, which will have nuclear bombs first, North Korea or Iran? North Korea. Because we seem to be keeping less of an eye on them.
3. What is your dream car? A Saab convertible. Actually, I liked the 1990s style Saabs' design better than the new ones, but I'd gladly take a brand new Steel Grey Metallic Saab 9-3 convertible. If you'd like to buy me one, leave a comment and I'll get right back to you.
4. What book have you read the most times? The criminal procedure law. (I don't tend to re-read books that I love, unfortunately.)
5. Are you a matchmaker? Nope. Wish I could say I was. But I don't think I've ever matchmaked anyone.
But, I have one funny story. I had a friend that I met when she was single. Sometimes I would hang out with her just the two of us, sometimes we'd hang out with the boyfriend. Well, now, strangely, she has a boyfriend just like the boyfriend. Same name, same profession, same hair, same everything. I guess that's sort of like matchmaking, isn't it? Or, inspiration, at least.