Alternative Medicine

Ok, how weird is this?

Just this morning I was thinking, "Wow, it looks like I made it through the winter without getting sick." Ok, on second thought, I had some awful stomach flu thing, but I didn't have your traditional stuffy-head, sore throat, cough and cold thing. (Guess what made me think of this? A Nyquil commercial, of course.)

And then, all day I was thinking about it. And realizing how I've been really tired lately. I've been sleeping a lot, and still tired. And really crabby. And, now that I think about it, a little achey. And hot, even when everyone else is cold. And sort of hungry, but I can't think of anything I want to eat, and then not that interested in eating.

My question is, do you think that Nyquil commercial got me sick? I mean, I must see a lot of Nyquil commercials and not feel sick. So, maybe it just brought some kind of underlying cold to my attention. But, either way, now I'm totally annoyed, because I feel like I'm getting sick. And I feel like it's Nyquil's fault.

I think I'm going to go out and buy all of this homeopathic stuff. Has anyone tried any of it? Any recommendations? Yeah, I'll buy it tomorrow on my way to work. Still have to go to work, can't miss that. Oh, and I just realized, I really won't be able to afford cold medicine until payday. I guess that's what credit cards are for. This sucks.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first comment here, because I just found your blog. I really like it, because you seem to have found the happy balance I'm shooting for: a responsible attorney who can still embrace Elle!
    So -- I completely believe you can get a cold from a Nyquil commercial -- it's like what Malcolm Gladwell talks about in "The Tipping Point" (yes, I know, all the cool kids read it ages ago, but I, um, forgot.) -- there's this whole paragraph where he uses the word "yawn" about eighteen hundred times and by the end of it, you're not only yawning but considering going to bed at 6:30 on a Friday night... So maybe over the course of the winter, you just watched so many Nyquil commercials that this one was the last straw (it would be so cheesy to say "tipping point" right there, wouldn't it?)
    But anyway -- if you're going to be sick, Airborne is a great way to get rid of it, FDA review be damned! It works really really well -- also, I just heard that the Aleve cold and sinus medicine can cause heart "issues", so perhaps it's best to stay away from that...
    Hope you feel better soon!