I'm Back

That's right, everyone, I'm back. I hope everyone had a good holiday.

I went to visit my family for Christmas. When I go home, I often think that my mother is like a little kid, running around to show me everything she has or everything she's done. "Did you see the new DVD player? Did you see this thing I made?"

One thing she was really strangely excited about a video tape she made of shows she thought I'd like. "Have you seen Kevin Hill?"

Nope, never heard of it.

"It's about lawyers."

Oh, ok. I like lawyer shows.

But this show made Ally McBeal look realistic. In the episode that I saw, a woman was suing her dance instructor (Kevin Hill's client) for breaking-up her engagement by making eyes at her fiance during the dance lessons. Kevin Hill (played by Taye Diggs) got thrown in jail for contempt... I'm trying to remember... three?... times. And while he's on trial, Kevin Hill is juggling dates with two different women, whom he makes out with in the courthouse, and (sort-of) trying to be a dad, although it seems like it's mostly his nanny doing that, and planning a 1st birthday for the kid. And I never really figured out where he got the kid from, but I know that he's adopted.

I started off telling my mother all of the things that I found unrealistic. "I've never seen lawyers making out like that in the courthouse." "No one would say that, doesn't he have any legal arguments prepared?" "Oh, c'mon, how many times is he going to be held in contempt?" But eventually my brain was screaming "UNREALISTIC TELEVISION OVERLOAD!!!"

Anyway, I'm glad to be back, and I'm glad to see that some of my other favorite bloggers - such as I'm a PD and All Deliberate Speed are back as well. So check that out.

6 comments:

  1. No making out in the courthouse? No wonder you were having a losing streak last month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, K.H. is very unrealistic, but Taye Diggs, shirtless, yummy-yum-yum!
    http://mortimersmom.diaryland.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Mortimor's Mom - my guess is that is why my mom was watching K.H. too. Not that she'd admit it, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That and Boston Legal and to a large extent Law and Order. For all the money they spend on these shows, you'd think they'd be able to afford to hire a lawyer as a consultant. 'Tis a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, they should think about hiring me! That'd be fun.

    ReplyDelete