What Keeps Me Going

In the past few days, I've complained a bit here. But, that's not really about my clients, it's about their friends.

Blogging about it did help me pick up some good advice, though. I think I'm going to need to steal this idea off of I respectfully dissent: a Do Not Call list. From now on, anyone who fills up my voice mail with stupidity is going on the Do Not Call list. Or a "P.I.T.A." list. Maybe it would even make me feel better to have a written list, like Santa, so I can know who's been naughty or nice.

With all of these annoying ladies calling me, what keeps me going? (Besides blogging about it?) My clients, who appreciate me. In the past week, I had 2 clients stop me to give me a heartfelt thank you. And, strangely enough, both of them called me an "angel." That's what keeps me fighting for the underdog.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww. Yay warm fuzzy public defender feelings! Having gone from a PD summer position to working in an "ivory tower" of law this fall, I can say that I would gladly exchange my dull daily pace for your clients' needy friends. For a little while, anyway. :)

    It's great that at least some of your clients truly appreciate the work that you do for them. Keep the stories coming! Eliciting PD stories from people is the only thing that keeps my soul from being sucked out of my body completely every day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The members of your extended p.d. family appreciate you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you. It's a tough job, sometimes you get down, but it's good to have great support.

    On that note, Woman of the Law, you should email me (I couldn't find your address anywhere on your blog), we need to figure out where you're going to work. I hate to see a good true believer go to waste.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those of us in private practice also look to you for support, inspiration, and stories about strippers.

    ReplyDelete