Thanks for Noticing

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to direct your attention to the banner at the top of my page. It's new.

See, it used to say
"Did you ever stop to think that maybe there’s more to life than being really, really, really, really ridiculously good looking? I mean, maybe we should do something more meaningful with our lives . . . like helping people."
-Derek Zoolander.

I really liked that quote. Zoolander is a funny movie, and I thought the quote was appropriate for this blog.

Recently though, I changed it to the quote from Jon Stewart's America (the book). Because I thought that quote was funny too. And it accurately portrays just how overworked we PDs are. And because I appreciate the fact that Jon Stewart appreciates that.

So, how recently did I change it? Well, I searched my gmail account (don't you love being able to search your emails?) and found that I got an email saying "Love the new Jon Stewart quote" back on September 29th.

It's ok if you just noticed it though. It's more important that you care enough to notice. Maybe you've been busy for the past month or so. Maybe you just weren't around. Maybe you were kicked out of the blawgosphere, who knows.

On that note, I am also in need of a haircut. When I get one, be sure I get my compliments promptly.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, love what you've done to your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see your hair, but I just got mine cut on friday (before the bachelorette in nyc) and it looks so glam I can't even stand myself. Of course, i can't possibly get that look by myself. . . .

    ReplyDelete